Saturday, February 26, 2011

Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

So I was watching Man vs. Food and he was at Yoder's Restaurant in Sarasota, FL.  It made me miss the warm weather and some of the food there.  While he was at Yoder's they made peanut butter pie and I thought, hmmm, I could do that. 

My sister and I were in the grocery store last night getting some things for dinner and I remembered the chocolate peanut butter pie that I used to get at Wheeler's in Arcadia, actually when Eddie owned it he used to bring over a WHOLE pie.  I was telling my sister about the how they made the peanut butter pie on the show and we were conviently in the right aisle so she says that she wants a chocolate crust.  That nice Keebler elf happens to make a chocolate crust.  Instead of homemade vanilla custard I decided to make this a chocolate pie and got some chocolate pudding.  And to make it even easier I got a tub of cool whip, just for the pie, promise.



If you're interested in trying this super easy pie on your own here are the steps.

Put some peanut butter and powdered sugar (I didn't measure but about a cup of peanut butter and one and a half of powdered sugar) in a food processor and pulse until it's a crumbly mixture like wet sand.



Spread some of your crumbly peanut butter in the bottom of your crust (bless those little elves).



Add you chocolate pudding (or vanilla, or ooohh both).



Add some more crumbly peanut butter and then chill for a couple of hours (I know, who wants to wait) or until it firms up.



Top off with the Cool Whip (or the one in the spray bottle, or hey what about ice cream!)

Sprinkle the last of your peanut butter crumbles and dive in!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. This looks outrageous. I want to make one with silken tofu pudding and ice cream on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Rich and tasty. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete