Thursday, March 31, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Crochet Mug Cozy Pattern
Size H hook
Medium weight yarn
Finished size approximately 12 inches long
Single crochet in first chain from hook and each chain across (10 sc)
Chain 1, turn.
Turn, slip stitch in next 2 stitches, chain 1, single crochet in next 6 sc, leave last 2 sc
Chain 1, turn, sc in next 2 sts, chain 2, skip next 2 sts, single crochet in last 2 sts
Chain 1, turn, sc in next 2 sts, 2 single crochet in chain 2 space, sc in last 2 sts
Continue to single crochet around whole piece. 2 sc in each outside corner stitch.
-sc = single crochet-ch = chain
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
I decided to start doing some tutorial blogs on crochet (maybe knitting too, but I don't want to teach people my way if I'm not doing it exactly right) and some other things. To kick things off there's going to be a free crochet pattern on tomorrow's post that is being provided by Tutus & Tea Parties. The first tutorial is going to be on how to do single crochet (which will go nicely with the pattern, hint, hint) and is also going to be a guest post by Insprink Studio. What I'd like to know is there a specific crochet technique that you'd like to see demonstrated?
Monday, March 28, 2011
I had every intention of taking pictures of the blue and green scrubbies, the orange and yellow scrubbies, and the cream colored beach hat today but I've been completely bogged down with studying for my three! exams this week. Plus it's been rainy and gloomy since Saturday so those are all going to have to keep waiting for their close-ups. For now, I found these on Etsy during my study break.
Taking a study break and wondering what I could find...
| Zombie Skeleton Musician Gui... |
| Diagram of a RED SKULL Side ... |
| Anatomical drawing of dead m... |
| Human Skeleton Anatomy Study... |
| Muscles of the Neck and Shou... |
| Muscle Man - Human Anatomy W... |
| 1919 Medical Full Color Chro... |
| Words and Bones num 19 (Wb 1... |
| Microbe Button Set |
| Beautiful Bugs - original wa... |
| Fungi Micro Tile |
| Microbiology Science Tee Art... |
| Cyanobacteria asymmetric coi... |
| Petri dish crochet and felt ... |
| Virus cotton FABRIC - One Ya... |
| Soap - Glowing Legionella Ba... |
Sunday, March 27, 2011
I did sort of find one of the things I went for, some hemp cord to try to make a lighter (cooler) version of the same hat. It still doesn't look exactly like I imagined it would, I think I need to try using something else to make it. Any suggestions? I was thinking of trying raffia or some other type of cord. I'm just not sure what to use to recreate the vision in my head.
Saturday, March 26, 2011
A rain inspired treasury for a rainy morning...
| A Beautiful Grey Day. ... |
| Blame it on the Rain |
| China Rain Olive oil Soap Ba... |
| Brushed Silver Rain Cloud Ea... |
| Man in raincoat |
| Watering Can Copper Rain Cha... |
| Return Fire - short sleeve s... |
| Raining Blues- Hand Made Bor... |
| One rain drop sterling silve... |
| Stormy weather twisted ceram... |
| Cloudy rain day metal clay c... |
| V I N T A G E Women's R... |
| Pure chiffon scarf: RAIN FOR... |
| Navy Blue Red Cuffed Rain Tr... |
| Night Storm - Kanzashi Flowe... |
| Wall Hanging - Quilt - Walki... |
Friday, March 25, 2011
Fill in the ______ FridayI found this over at EveNAndy (who found it at Lauren at ‘the little things we do’) and thought it might be fun. So here goes...
1. My most prized possession isn't really a possession, its my poodle Popcorn that's been my shadow for almost 13 years.
|He even shops on Etsy|
2. If I could be one age for the rest of my life, I would want to be its a cliche but I think 29. I knew enough to not worry about the small things but it's way before I found out that my feel will swell on long trips.
3. The best way to spend a weekend is relaxing with a new book and no set plans.
4. My outlook on life is not to worry about the small stuff that won't really matter. I also believe that there are people who's opinion really does matter and those that don't, the hard part is figuring out who those people are for you.
5. If you want to annoy me, just be completely inconsiderate of others, even little things like not holding the door for someone behind you.
6. I am completely defenseless when it comes to really cute shoes and purses which is why I have way too many of both.
|I soooo need these from Princess Pumps!|
7. When dressing for the day one should whatever makes you happy, which around here tends to follow something my Mom used to always say when something was really comfortable, "it's like wearing nothing at all."