Friday, March 4, 2011

Encyclopedias For Crafts

Britannica First Edition Replica Set (3 vol.) (Britannica Black)My whole life we've had these sets of Encyclopedia Britannica as well as the Junior Version.  In fact my brother taught our cousin how to swim using the S from the Junior Version since it has illustrations.  Which meant that it was a little water-logged as he did this sitting on the edge of the pool. 

I've seen some of the inventive things that people are doing with pages from old books and now I have a dilemma.  What am I going to make with them? 

There are so many thoughts going through my head.  Do you use the pages individually?  What about the covers?  What can you do using the whole book?  Since I've got at least 50 of these things, I'm thinking that I could try a few different things.

Of course these are probably just going to add to my ever growing pile of UFO's.  But I think that it'll be a nice change from crochet, knit, sew, and bead.  Stay tuned and I'll let you know what I come up with...

No comments:

Post a Comment